Yeshwantrao Chavan College of Arts, Commerce & Science established in 1972. The mathematics department was established in 1993 and started catering education to first year students. The first graduation batch came out in 1995. The post graduate education in Mathematics has been started from June 2016.It is the active department in science faculty.
Date of UG Subject: 1993
Date of Introduction of PG Course: 2016
To make one’s career in mathematics after 12th standard, it is required to pass 12th standard with physics, chemistry and mathematics (PCM). Now, the candidate is eligible to pursue math’s at graduate level and for higher studies.
Career Options in Mathematics
After completing graduation/post-graduation in mathematics, there is a wide array of career prospects in the mathematics field. There is a demand for mathematics students in fields such as statistics, engineering, physical science, computer science, insurance, economics, astronomy, banking and accountancy. There is also a wide scope of mathematics in teaching and research fields.
Objectives of Department
1. To encourage students to become risk-takers, inquirers and critical thinkers
2. To provides a powerful and universal mathematical language
3. To encourages students to reflect upon their findings and problem-solving processes
4. To develop the ability to express ideas accurately, organize and interpret data, draw logical conclusions and to generalize.
5. To develop an appreciation of mathematics in leisure time and everyday activities.
|SR.NO.||Name of Faculty||Cell No./E-mail||Photo||Resume.|
|1.||Smt. Rakhi E. Kapse||8149161566|
|2.||Mr. Gangurde Nilesh||8412961778|
- UNDER GRADUATE (B.Sc.
- POST GRADUATE (M.Sc.)