The library is the soul of the college and considered as a treasure house of knowledge and information for educational, social and cultural development of the institution. It offers the facility to the academic community and extent to which it is used by the students and the faculties. Our library was established in the year 1972. It has developed and expanded enormously in all aspects like book e- books, journals, e- journals and other learning materials for readers and staff. Library has good collection on different areas of knowledge such as Languages and Literature, Social, Sciences, Humanities, Commerce and Management, Pure and Applied Science etc. Presently, we have 37477 books and 29 periodicals.
Details of the library
- Total area of the library: 43X98= 4214sq.ms.
- Total sitting capacity:- 125 readers.
- Working hours:- 10.00 a.m. to 5:45 p.m.
- Ratio of the library books to students enrolled:-1:18
- Average numbers of books added during last five years 2018 to 2023=535
- Average numbers of books issued per day:- 50 (staff)
- Average number of books issued per day:- 170 (Student)
- Library Software:- Soul 3.0
Rules & Regulations
|Working Hours :-||Library Hours||9.00 AM To 5.30 PM|
|Issuing of Books||9.30 AM To 5.00 PM|
|Lunch Timings||1.00 PM To 1.30 PM|
- One Book is issued for a week a library borrow cards to each student.
- One book at a one time is issued to each student on his I- Card for the purpose of reading only in the library.
- Loss of I-Card/Borrower card should be reported to the librarian immediately.
- Students can avail the facility of reference books / journals / periodicals within the library
- premises only against I-cards.
- Writing / scribbling or tearing of pages of library books, news papers, periodicals etc. is
- prohibited & will be liable for strict action.
- Students should produce their identity cards when demanded by the library staff.
- Use of mobile phones is strictly prohibited in library premises.
- Difficulties, if any, should be discussed with the librarian.
- On the loss of library book, user shall replace the same with a brand new copy or to pay the amount decided by library committee.
- Students should enter their names in the entry register maintained at Reading Hall.
- Borrower’s card & I-Card is not transferable.
- Complete silence should be maintained. Group discussions, lectures are not allowed in library.
Library Advisory Committee A.Y.2022-23
Library Committee Members Meet Three to four times in the Academic Year. They discuss And Decided policy matters administration, modernization, purchase of books, budget of the library and discipline in the library, library works activities, library rules and regulations etc. Collage library runs by the library Advisory Committee.
|1||Dr. A. A. Pandit (Principal)||Chairman|
|2.||Prof. D. B. Wanekar||Member|
|3.||Prof,.Smt. Dr. R. P. Palodkar||Member|
|4.||Prof. Dr. P. V. Chavan||Member|
|5.||Shri. D. S. Manohare||Secretary|
|6.||Ku. Vikas Dnyaneshwar Lavhale||Student Representatives (B.Sc.F.Y.)|
Library Collection Department wise : UG & PG
|Sr.No.||Subject||Total No. of Books ( PG )||Total No. of Text Books (UG)||Total No of Reference Books||Total No of Books.|
|Total No of Books.||2897 (PG)||15327 (UG.Text)||22150 (UG.Ref)||37477|
e- Database Available in College Library
|Sr.No||Subject||Word e –books||Ebrary e-books||Total|
|Total E- Database||3133210|
Library at a Glance
|01||Total Number of Print copies in Stack Section||37744|
|09||Theses & Dissertation-||6|
|16||Oxford English Dictionary||16|
|17||Competitive Exams Books||1020|
|18||E-Database||Inflibnet N-List, Consortia, E-ShodhSindhu, NDL, OPE Access Databases|